Wednesday, August 5, 2009


Abandon All Worries
oil and gold leaf


I'm back from a very relaxing vacation and looking forward to making some art in the studio and teaching my design class. Holidays at the beach always fill me with optimism, especially with the prospect of creating some fulfilling artwork. My door above speaks of that optimism. It's the opposite of Dante's cryptic message above the gates of Hell, "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here", and is obviously a play on that warning. I've always wanted to install this door as an entrance to an art studio, music, or writing room in a home. It might foreshadow the wonderful possibilities that would come out of such a room.

Note: Since fall is a very busy time for me, I will be posting on this blog three days a week, starting today, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.



2 comments:

  1. What a terrific concept to use this door at the entrance to a room where creativity happens. Or meditation, prayer... anything where you need to leave worries behind to get into a different state of mind. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Silvina~ and I have so many more doors in mind to paint!

    ReplyDelete