Tuesday, July 7, 2009



50 is a good number. I'm turning 50 in a few months. And in terms of completing something, it's doable. 50 paintings in 50 days is something I should be doing anyway, all year. For us artists to set out, work it, and finish a specific goal in that amount of time, is simply, a great way to spark the creative flow. My friend Cindy set out to do sit-ups 50 days in a row, so you see, it's not just an exercise for the studio. What do you want to do for 50 days? Start that novel? Fix up your house? Volunteer?

Please keep tuned to this blog (and share with your circle of family and friends) as I'll be posting at least twice a week on the shenanigans going on in my studio. Look forward to works in progress, field trips, thoughts on the creative process, and a myriad of other topics.

Finally, I want to thank everyone who has logged on and followed along with this endeavor. Special thanks goes out to those who parted with their hard-earned money to have a Holland painting (or two, or three, or...) in their collection and that means so much to me. Thank you for your support.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday-to-come, Denny! Keep up the creative flow. It's a pleasure viewing what arises from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denny, it was a delight to watch this project from beginning to end. I looked forward to seeing a new piece each day. I'm certain my friends and I will continue to visit and enjoy your blog.

    Happy Bithday and enjoy your upcoming vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you made it!! very impressive an so much fun to follow you! Congratulations!! what a great collection of birds...see you soon!

    ReplyDelete