Saturday, July 18, 2009

Between Two Worlds
28 x 40
(work in progress)



I spent the better part of yesterday pushing the sky and distant hills. Working this part of the painting is absolute pure, unadulterated fun because I get fast and loose with the brush work. I apply the paint "fat" and do a lot of my mixing on the painting itself.

I'm re-thinking the rock perch, it looks too much like Half Dome to me, which makes my raven larger than Godzilla. I'm thinking more along the lines of a bramble of branches and leaves instead.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Denny, I love ravens & crows. There is something volcanic in the scene, to me the rock works well for that mood, but, I'm sure your creative process will guide you exactly where you want to go on the final state.
    I appreciate your sensibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Pierre, I'm still sitting on the fence with this one. This painting does have a volcanic feel to it, like the beginning of time...

    ReplyDelete