Friday, August 21, 2009

Blue
24 x 66
oil on canvas


Blue was painted a few years back when I was experimenting with aligning different (yet related) images together in diptych and triptych formats. The landscape is a view of Abbott's Lagoon in Point Reyes Station National Park, one of my most favorite places on earth. In fact, I'm long overdue for a day trip with my pal Shawn. As we lean toward September, the fog will disappear and the days at Abbott's will be sunny and stellar.

I've ordered a proof of my 50 Birds book which will arrive at the end of next week. If all checks out well, the book will be ready soon after. I'm going to attach a direct link on my sidebar for those of you who'd like to order a copy. I'll also have a stack of books here at home for those of you nearby who want to buy directly from me and save the shipping cost. The book is printed on premium paper and will cost $30.

Have a good weekend everybody, I'll be slinging some oils on the bird and preparing a few lessons on axonometric drawing for my students. Good times!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Denny, those clouds look like the clouds out earlier this evening. Gorgeous!

    Can't wait for the bird book!

    ReplyDelete